Published to Coincide with Earth Day
New Tween Novel and Animated Series with Music
Teaches Kids How to Save Water During the Worst Drought in the U.S.
With The News That Trump Rolled Back The EPA’s Climate Change Efforts, Authors Are Encouraging Parents and Children To Take Back Control Of Their Environment.
To view and listen to the Super Sustainables’ original animation and music, visit www.thesupersustainables.com.
- According to The Weather Channel, every day, more and more states are announcing environmental weather challenges, including California, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Arizona, Idaho, Washington, and New Mexico.
- Hitting shelves on Earth Day (April 22), Albin Gielicz and Gonen Yacov release their debut book THE SUPER SUSTAINABLES: Facing the Drought (GY Creative Publishing, April 22, 2017; $19.99 Hardcover; ISBN: 978-0-9969753-0-8; $12.99 eBook 978-0-9969753-2-2), which will be featured at the LA Times Book Festival this April, an action-packed tween book of adventures with an empowering message: when it comes to saving the planet, and saving water, every kid can be a hero too.
For an interview, Albin and Gonen can discuss how:
- the book teaches kids at an early age, through animation and music, how to conserve water;
- the book and music were created by marketing and graphic designers from Santa Monica, CA, which is currently facing the worst 3 consecutive years in their 119-year drought;
- kids will learn 7 practical water saving tips that kids will be able to implement right away–from how to save water, brushing your teeth, and taking a shower to laundry saving secrets, plus more;
- the book is an interactive experience featuring original artwork and 7 original songs (see link above); and
- they created the tale of Mother Nature embodying the 4 elements (Earth, Wind, Fire, Water) into 4 teenage characters who collectively work to overcome the drought.
Albin and Gonen will be available for national and local in-studio interviews:
- NYC – Sunday, April 16 – Monday, April 17
- Washington, DC – Tuesday, April 18
- Los Angeles – Wednesday, April 26 – Friday, April 28
- San Diego – Friday, May 5 and Monday, May 8
- Chicago – Friday, May 12
- Las Vegas – Tuesday, May 16